Hello friends, I am back with another seasonal fruit juice this time in Dr. Mantena’s Kitchen. So, Today’s Dr. Mantena Special is a “Pineapple Juice.” This Ramadan season pineapple is available everywhere in the market of Hyderabad. So, pick up a ripe pineapple from the market and make this nutritionally rich health drink.
Drinking pineapple juice in the morning prevents sugar and fat cravings, thus good for obesity people to maintain weight loss. Pineapple boosts immunity system because of the presence of Vitamin C, A and selenium. It helps to cure constipation and irregular bowel movements due to the presence of rich fiber in it. Drinking pineapple juice also kills the intestinal worms. Regular intake of pineapple juice will help in curing sore throat and bronchitis.
People often prefer to drink juices in the market place out of laziness to make it. You will get a juice full of ice or water in its absence. You can make a thick and flavored pineapple juice at home by putting little effort. All you have to do is my dear friends, pick up a pineapple from the market and put little effort and I bet you don’t regret in making this healthy homemade juice with a little twist of black pepper, honey and black salt that add spicy zing to its sweet flavor. It takes hardly 10 minutes to make. So without wasting any time further let us go into details of making it.
Pineapple - 1 medium size
Honey - 2-4 tbs
Black Pepper - ¼ tbs
Black Salt - ½ tbs
Water - 1 glass
Servings: 4 glasses
Preparation time: 10 minutes
1. Take a pineapple and remove its outer skin with a long knife as shown below.
2. Then cut the pineapple into two halves and chop them into big chunks of each half. If you chop them into smaller chunks then it will be difficult to grind as they miss out the blade of the grinder.
3. Pour chopped pieces into the jar of a mixer grinder and add honey, black pepper, black salt and water in the quantity mentioned above in the ingredients and make a smooth puree.
4. After grinding those into a smooth puree strain them into a vessel or jar as shown in the picture below.
5. After straining the juice serve them into your glass and enjoy.
You will find this juice very tasty as the black pepper and black salt give great spicy zing to its flavor. Salt and pepper are against the teachings of Dr. Mantena Satyanarayana Raju and I very well understand this. In spite of the fact I recommend them because both of them have medicinal values that are good for health especially in this rainy season. If you are making a pineapple juice on regular basis I recommend excluding these two ingredients from the juice. The taste still remains good.
Since this juice is prepared keeping the rainy season in mind where you need more minerals, vitamins and enzymes for your body, include black salt and pepper in it.
I hope you will make and enjoy this wonderful nutritional drink. Keep watching the space for more updates.