1. Sweet Potatoes - 500 gms.
2. Milk - 500 Ml.
3. Honey or Dates - 1 Cup
4. Almonds - 10 Nos.
5. Cashew - 10 Nos.
6. Raisins - 25 gms.
7. Cudpah nuts (Chironji) – 10 gms.
8. Cardamom - 5-6 nos.
Now let us see the procedure to make the dessert.
- Put on the stove and boil the Sweet Potatoes in a pan. Once finished; let it cool and then peel off the skin and mash into a paste.
- Boil the milk in another pan and once the milk is boiled add the paste of mashed sweet potato into it, stir well and let it cook for some time.
- Since the sweet potatoes were already boiled you don’t need to cook for long. Remove the pan after 5 minutes and keep it a side.
- Now take a non-stick pan and put on the stove. Let the pan heated up and then add Cashew, Almond, Cudpah nuts (Chironji) and fry till brown.
- Now put off the stove and add these baked nuts in the milk and sweet potato dessert.
- Add 1 cup of honey and stir it well. If you are using dates instead of honey, you need to make the paste of dates in a mixer grinder and cook it along with milk and sweet potatoes for some time before adding the dry nuts.
- Finally add Raisins and Cardamom for the flavor and aroma.
So our Sweet Potato Milk dessert is ready to be served hot. Isn’t it simple? You can try this recipe during the festivals; pooja ceremonies, birthday parties to the kids etc. and I hope you will enjoy it. If you notice there is no item in the dish that is harmful to our body. Dr. Raju though does not recommend excess use of milk and cardamoms. Since this is a special recipe to be made only on special occasions, I hope such things are exceptions. I hope you will enjoy this recipe.
At the end I would like to say one thing. I have noticed many of the enthusiastic followers of Dr. Raju’s natural way of living are sharing their recipes over internet at various forums and groups, but they are not reaching to the maximum people in a right way. It is for the good cause of the people. I would like to provide my blog as a platform to share their recipes if found valid. Interested people might send their recipes through this blog by clicking on the comments tab at the bottom of the page. Thank you.
Keep watching the space for more updates.