Today’s recipe in Mantena’s Kitchen is a delicious dessert called Carrot Rolls. You not only are going to find it delicious but also very nutritious one. Moreover, it is quite easy to make and can be made in 15 minutes of time. I need to mention one thing here that everyone including those who hate eating Mantena’s dishes would love to eat his desserts. It is recommended to prepare during special occasions like birthdays and festivals instead of cakes and other harmful sweets. Without wasting anymore time let’s get on to note the ingredients.
1. Carrots - 10 Nos. (750 Grams approx)
2. Cashew Nuts / Groundnuts - 100 Grams
3. Honey - 250 Grams
4. Whole Coconut - 1 No.
6. Corn Flour - 2 table spoons
7. Cardamom - 4 pieces
1. Take around 750 grams of fresh Carrots and rinse them well with water. Peel off the skin of carrots and crush them into small pieces.
2. Break the Whole Coconut and crush into small pieces similar to carrots. Using dry coconut may not taste that well.
3. Roast the Cashew Nuts for a few minutes and crush them into half pieces – half powder in a mixer grinder. If you can’t afford cashew nuts you can use groundnuts as its substitute. It can also be very delicious.
4. Take a non-stick pan and put on the stove in a sim flame. Now add the crushed carrots into it and cook it for a few minutes till the raw flavour goes off and water coming out of it dries.
5. Add honey into it and mix it well and cook for a few minutes. When you cook honey it’s true that some of the nutritional values might be reduced but it’s not harmful right? We are substituting it with sugar which is a prohibited item in our
6. Now it’s the time to add some Cashew Nuts / Ground Nuts crushed into half pieces – half powder and mix it well. This adds tremendous flavour to our dessert while eating.
7. Finally add 2 table spoons of Corn Flour into the pan and mix it well and cook it for couple of minutes. When all the water gets evaporated remove the pan and let it cool for a few minutes.
8. Add Cardamom powder for fine flavour and fragrance. Let me inform one thing here. We don’t use cardamom daily in
9. When the cooked ingredient is cooled off, make rolls of your desired size in an oval shape and roll them on the coconut pieces crushed and roasted before. The small coconut pieces give you crunchy and crispy taste while eating.