I am back again with yet another Summer Special drink to beat the heat and to boost the energy levels lost due to burning Indian summer. Today’s special in Dr. Mantena’s Kitchen is - Multi Vitamin Tropical Energy Drink. This is a delicious way to combine your fruit with protein to energize you any time of the day. It can be served as a morning breakfast, evening snack or night dinner. I bet you don’t need any other food along with it. It keeps you energetic throughout the day/night.
It is a very simple drink that takes less than 10 minutes of time to prepare.
Papaya - 1 medium size
Pineapple - 1 medium size
Banana - 1 big size
Yogurt - 1 cup low fat
Honey - 4-6 spoons
1. Scrape the skin of a pineapple and chop it into small cubes. Add those cubes into a mixe grinder and extract juice from it and keep aside in a glass or a bowl.
2. Choose a ripe papaya and scoop out the flesh from it with a spoon and keep aside in a bowl.
3. Undress the banana and chop it into pieces and add it to the bowl of papaya.
4. Put the papaya and the banana into a mixer grinder and grind till it becomes a thick pulp.
5. Now add 1 to 2 cups of extracted pineapple juice, 1 cup of low fat yogurt and 4-6 spoons of honey into it and grind it well.
The drink is ready now. Add some cold water from a mud pot into it and serve. Since we are using ripe papaya and banana we might not need much sweetener. Therefore 4-6 spoons of honey will do. You can add a spoon or two more if you need more sweetness.
Papaya and pineapple are readily available in the market during summer. Banana is always available. So grab these ingredients and enjoy the summer with this powerful multi-vitamin smoothie. You can substitute banana with Sapotas for a change when you prepare it for the next time.
I hope you liked this update. Don’t forget give your feedback and keep watching the space for more updates.