I haven’t updated this blog for long. Sorry for keeping you in wait. I have been real busy in my work since all these days and I hardly find enough time to cook and take pictures of the items needed for cooking. Any way today’s special in Mantena’s Kitchen is “Brown Rice”.
Brown Rice is considered to be one of the most nutritious and healthiest foods. If you are worried about your growing weight, feeling fatigue more often, want to stay away from diabetes, want to keep your cholesterol level down then brown rice is the right kind of food for you. According to Dr. Mantena Satyanarayana Raju every household must completely ban the use of white rice because it is the cause for all kinds of diseases. Don’t expect the government to wake up and do the job for you. By the time they wake up you won’t be there on the Earth to see that. Therefore every individual should wake up himself and abolish the use of white Rice and supplement it with brown rice.
Brown rice is a very nutritious and healthy product. For full details on the nutritional values and health benefits of eating brown rice visit: www.nutritiousfoods.blogspot.com. As of now let us learn how to cook brown rice in a few simple steps:
- Cooking brown rice is a little tricky and time taking process. Many people have trouble cooking brown rice in the beginning. Once you cook regularly you get used to it. You must bear this in order get the full nutrients it has. The first step is to clean and rinse the rice properly and soak in lukewarm water for at least half an hour or more. Since brown rice is a whole large grain with upper bran layer intact; it needs to be soaked in lukewarm water for better result.
- Here you must learn to add right amount of water to cook brown rice. For cooking brown rice take double the quantity of water to rice. For example: If you are cooking 2 cups of rice add 4 cups of water. Any thing less makes the rice hard to eat and anything more makes it messy.
- Now put on the stove and cook the rice on high flame for 5 to 10 minutes and then reduce the flame letting the rice cook in a simmer for another 20 minutes. It usually takes long time to cook when compared to white rice. Do not bother about the gas expenditure while cooking. Think about the benefits of eating brown rice. Because regular use of brown rice keeps you away from doctors and medicines.
- When the rice is cooked take off the stove and keep the lid closed for a while for better results.
- Your rice is now ready to serve. Serve it hot with any curry. Regular use of brown rice keeps you fit and healthy. Make a practice of eating brown rice regularly at your home and make your friends and relatives follow the same.
Hope you find this information useful. Keep watching the space for more updates.